Nourish Your Beautiful Body
Paula's Favorite No-Bake Energy Bites
Prep Time: 10 minutes | Total Time: 10 minutes | Yield: About 2-3 dozen
Favorite Smoothie Recipe
Easy, delicious and nutritious! Fruits and veggies naturally carry toxins out of the body, and vegetarian protein keeps you feeling full. Power up and energize through the day!
Handful of Organic dark leafy greens – baby kale, regular kale, spinach, etc.
Handful of mixed organic berries – strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, etc.
Celery and/or Cucumber
Tablespoon of raw local honey – or to taste
1/4 cup of combined Pumpkin seeds, hemp seeds and flax seeds (your choice)
Water or almond/coconut/cashew milk
Combine all ingredients in blender and blend/pulse until smooth. You may need to adjust the amount of water or milk – start will a small amount and build up to adjust the thickness.
Roasted Butternut Squash
- 1 butternut squash - peeled, seeded, and cut into 1-inch cubes (some stores now have pre-peeled and cut options)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste - or try chili powder for a spicy/sweet variation (my favorite way to eat this dish!)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Toss butternut squash with olive oil in a large bowl. Season with salt and black pepper/chili powder. Arrange coated squash on a baking sheet.
- Roast in the preheated oven until squash is tender and lightly browned, 25 to 30 minutes.